Downtown Raleigh and Five Points are both desirable places to live in Raleigh. Which is better? That depends on your lifestyle and what you’re looking for in a neighborhood. Let’s break it down.
Is Downtown Raleigh a good place to live?
Downtown is the perfect place for those seeking a true city experience. This neighborhood is vibrant and brimming with activity, and it’s more walkable than other areas of Raleigh. Real estate wise, you’ll have your pick of beautiful single-family homes, convenient townhomes, and spectacular luxury condos. You should check out homes in Downtown Raleigh if you want:
- An urban lifestyle
- Walkable streets
- The best access to theater and performing arts venues
- World-class museums and art galleries
- The highest-rated restaurants in the whole city
Sound like it’s right for you? We’ve collected some great Downtown homes for you to check out below, but you can also:
5 Downtown homes available now
1. 820 E Davie Street, Raleigh, NC 27601 - $537,500
3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 1,467 square feet
Listed by Gretchen Coley • Compass - Raleigh
Listed by Christian Beca • Compass - Raleigh
2. 317 W Morgan Street, #515 Raleigh, NC 27601 - $1,790,000
4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2,875 square feet
Listed by Tim Lehan • Steele Residential
3. 710 Independence Place, #606 Raleigh, NC 27603 - $1,100,000
3 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, 2,372 square feet
Listed by Robin Hug • Mark Spain Real Estate
4. 618 E Cabarrus Street, Raleigh, NC 27601 - $1,250,000
4 bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms, 3,426 square feet
Listed by Sylvain Dufour • Keller Williams Realty
5. 719 Sasser Street, Raleigh, NC 27604 - $1,199,000
4 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, 3,238 square feet
Listed by Angnes Lam • Universal Realty
Didn’t see the perfect home on our list? Check out more homes available near Downtown Raleigh.
Is Five Points a good place to live?
Five Points is a historic district comprising five smaller neighborhoods including Hayes Barton, Vanguard Park, Bloomsbury, Georgetown, and Roanoke Park. This convergence of longstanding neighborhoods has created a strong community that seamlessly combines modern convenience with historic charm. You’ll find a variety of home types, including classic single-family homes, beautiful new construction, and townhomes at an accessible price point. Five Points is a great choice for you if you want:
- A tight-knit community feeling
- A wide variety of delicious restaurants
- Health food stores and farmers markets featuring locally grown produce
- Dog-friendly neighborhoods
- A 59% lower crime rate than Raleigh overall
Sound like the spot for you? We’ve compiled a list of five beautiful Five Points homes for you to check out below, but you can also:
5 Five Points homes available now
1. 2201 White Oak Road, Raleigh, NC 27608 - $3,600,000
5 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, 6,393 square feet
Listed by Ellen Liggett • Hodge & Kittrell Sotheby's International Realty
2. 1600 Bickett Boulevard, Raleigh, NC 27608 - $695,000
3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1,625 square feet
Listed by Susan Doninger Greer • Allen Tate/Raleigh-Glenwood
3. 1709 Center Road, Raleigh, NC 27608 - $1,890,000
4 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, 3,663 square feet
Listed by Allison Caudle • Southern Lux Living
4. 1808 Hilton Street, Raleigh, NC 27608 - $1,200,000
5 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, 3,049 square feet
Listed by Ann-Cabell Baum • Glenwood Agency, LLC
Listed by Lisa Rose • Glenwood Agency, LLC
5. 710 Harvey Street Raleigh, NC 27608 - $470,000
2 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 1,334 square feet
Listed by Bradley Congleton • Why Realty Group
Listed by Kayla Garcia • Why Realty Group
Didn’t spot your dream home on our list? Check out more Five Points homes available now!
Where do you want to live?
Whether you already know or you’re still searching for the perfect location, we can help. Our expert team has lived and worked in Raleigh for over 20 years. If you know which neighborhood is right for you, get in touch so we can start searching for your dream home. If you’re not quite sure yet, reach out with your must-haves so we can help you decide.
All listings provided courtesy of TMLS.
Last updated on 12/09/2022 at 9:11 PM.
Did any of these homes make it on your dream list? Give us a call at 919-980-9607 and let's schedule a showing!