Downtown Raleigh and Five Points are both desirable places to live in Raleigh. Which is better? That depends on your lifestyle and what you’re looking for in a neighborhood. Let’s break it down.
Is Downtown Raleigh a good place to live?
Downtown is the perfect place for those seeking a true city experience. This neighborhood is vibrant and brimming with activity, and it’s more walkable than other areas of Raleigh. Real estate wise, you’ll have your pick of beautiful single-family homes, convenient townhomes, and spectacular luxury condos. You should check out homes in Downtown Raleigh if you want:
- An urban lifestyle
- Walkable streets
- The best access to theater and performing arts venues
- World-class museums and art galleries
- The highest-rated restaurants in the whole city
Sounds like it’s right for you? We’ve collected some great Downtown homes for you to check out below, but you can also:
5 Downtown homes available now
1. 1817 Watkins Street, Raleigh, NC 27604 - $1,350,000
4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 3,011 square feet
Listed by Anne Mason • Rich Realty Group
2. 10 N Bloodworth Street, Raleigh, NC 27601 - $750,000
4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 3,085 square feet
Listed by Ellen Nightingale • Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices YSU
3. 408 E Lane Street, Raleigh, NC 27601 - $1,257,000
4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 2,571 square feet
Listed by Cecilia Zuvic • Monarch Realty Co
4. 619 S West Street, Raleigh, NC 27601 - $1,325,000
3 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, 2,349 square feet
Listed by Johnny Chappell • Compass -- Raleigh
Listed by Heather Mansfield • Compass -- Raleigh
5. 628 Bragg Street, Raleigh, NC 27610 - $475,000
3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 1,331 square feet
Listed by Stephanie Anson • Northside Realty Inc.
Listed by Meredith Lundberg • Northside Realty Inc.
Didn’t see the perfect home on our list?
Check out more homes available near Downtown Raleigh.
Is Five Points a good place to live?
Five Points is a historic district comprising five smaller neighborhoods including Hayes Barton, Vanguard Park, Bloomsbury, Georgetown, and Roanoke Park. This convergence of longstanding neighborhoods has created a strong community that seamlessly combines modern convenience with historic charm. You’ll find a variety of home types, including classic single-family homes, beautiful new construction, and townhomes at an accessible price point. Five Points is a great choice for you if you want:
- A tight-knit community feeling
- A wide variety of delicious restaurants
- Health food stores and farmers markets featuring locally grown produce
- Dog-friendly neighborhoods
- A 59% lower crime rate than Raleigh overall
Sound like the spot for you? We’ve compiled a list of five beautiful Five Points homes for you to check out below, but you can also:
5 Five Points homes available now
1. 315 Perry Street, Raleigh, NC 27608 - $650,000
3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 1,195 square feet
Listed by David Wilson • Carolina's Choice Real Estate
Listed by Shelley Buffaloe • Carolina's Choice Real Estate
2. 2806 Anderson Drive, Raleigh, NC 27608 - $1,950,000
5 bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms, 4,478 square feet
Listed by Jim Allen • Howard Perry & Walston Realtor
3. 2608 Lochmore Drive, Raleigh, NC 27608 - $1,565,000
4 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, 3,721 square feet
Listed by Mary Kathryn Basnight • Compass -- Raleigh
4. 757 Fallon Grove Way, Raleigh, NC 27608 - $739,000
4 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, 2,707 square feet
Listed by Tim Lehan • Steele Residential
5. 401 W Whitaker Mill Road, Raleigh, NC 27608 - $925,000
3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2,208 square feet
Listed by Mary Burr Edwards • Fonville Morisey/Midtown Sales Office
Didn’t spot your dream home on our list? Check out more Five Points homes available now!
Where do you want to live?
Whether you already know or you’re still searching for the perfect location, we can help. Our expert team has lived and worked in Raleigh for over 20 years. If you know which neighborhood is right for you, get in touch so we can start searching for your dream home. If you’re not quite sure yet, reach out with your must-haves so we can help you decide.
All listings provided courtesy of TMLS.
Last updated on 4/27/2023 at 4:55 PM.
Did any of these homes make it on your dream list? Give us a call at 919-980-9607 and let's schedule a showing!